Project Manager (Full-time)
At a2z, Inc. there are ample opportunities to demonstrate your talents, use leading edge technology and interact with high profile clients. Top this off with a competitive salary, generous benefits, a flexible schedule, and a casual dress code - a2z is where you want to be.
a2z, Inc. is located in Columbia, Maryland. Occasional telecommuting is permitted, but candidates should live within a comfortable commuting distance from Columbia, MD and plan to be in the office most days.
The successful candidate will possess strong technical skills, intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic approach to fulfilling our client's goals and needs. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of client expectations in regards to project scope, the a2z delivery model, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation/change management processes and risk management plans.
- Configure and deploy client systems while managing multiple projects and resources in a deadline-driven production environment
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and secure appropriate project buy-in/sign-off
- Recommend functional solutions to clients by maintaining a high level of subject matter expertise related to the a2z platform on both a technical and business level
- Lead kick-off calls and status meetings; ensure effective communication among project stakeholders regarding timelines, deadlines, deliverables and pertinent details
- Collaborate and leverage the expertise within a cross-functional a2z team to determine strategies needed to meet and exceed client expectations
- Document, track and provide support, solutions, and troubleshooting to resolve issues that arise during and after implementation
- Serve as the main point of contact for ongoing end-user support and system maintenance/upgrades
- Work with third party vendors to facilitate multi-system integrations
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, relational databases, SQL and SaaS technology methodologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, namely Excel
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience within the tradeshow, convention and/or association industry
- Must have strong technical and business requirements analysis/writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into a workable SaaS solution and client-facing documentation
- Ability to address challenges from a solutions-oriented perspective, be resourceful and suggest alternate courses of action when necessary
- Sound business judgment and the ability to work closely with internal departments, clients, and external vendors to coordinate the logistics for each system deployment
- Superior time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must have proven strong customer service, relationship building, and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Familiarity with the systems development life-cycle (SDLC) as it relates to bug reporting and effectively communicating potential feature enhancements to a Product Management team
- Seasoned judgement while able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- A proven track record over fifteen years
- An environment where your opinion counts
- Opportunities to make contributions within a team environment
- Meaningful work
- Cutting edge technology
- Educational opportunities
- Flexibility – in schedules and dress code
a2z, Inc. provides event planners and organizers with powerful web-based solutions that help increase and accelerate booth sales. Our clients also realize improved productivity in back office processes; increased connectivity with their membership, seamless integration with their CRM and financial databases, an improved event web site for their attendees and exhibitors, and the latest use of mobile and social media tools to boost marketing efforts. Our offerings include online event floor plans, event websites, abstract/speaker management, networking and matchmaking tools, personal itinerary builders, and more.
a2z’s solutions are used by 1,200+ leading trade shows and conferences across the globe every year. More than 46% of the TSE Gold 100 and TSNN Top 250 Events leverage a2z’s innovative web and mobile solutions.
Even though a2z is a world leader, we have a relatively small staff in a relaxed and flexible work environment. Visit www.a2zinc.net for more information.
Submit your resume in MS Word or PDF to hr@a2zInc.net.