Product Support Specialist Intern (Paid)
a2z, Inc. has revolutionized the business of trade show promotion and event management while maintaining a fun and flexible work environment. Launched in 1998, a2z is now a recognized leader in the development of event management software used by over 700 show organizers worldwide to manage and market their trade shows and expos – including 50 of the Top-200 shows in the U.S.
Located in Columbia, MD, a2z offers powerful web-based software applications that help increase and accelerate exhibit booth sales. Our clients also realize improved productivity in back office processes; increased connectivity with their membership, integration with their CRM and financial databases; and improved productivity.
About the position
This position involves hands-on execution and managing the technical aspects of our product deployments. This is definitely a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-work internship, so you won’t just be the office “go-fer”. Our past interns say “you’ll have fun here,” and we think you’ll find the work at a2z to be both challenging and exciting. Best of all, a successful internship could possibly lead to a permanent position – a number of our interns have chosen to join us full-time.
General Qualifications You Should Possess:
- Information Systems, Computer Science, or related major
- Good writing skills - technical & business subjects
- Ability to multi-task successfully
- Excellent attention to detail; strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills
- Live within a comfortable commuting distance from our Columbia, Maryland office
- Ability to work ~15 hours/week
- Possess the infrastructure required to work at home if necessary
Technical Skills You'll Need:
- Familiarity with database applications, HTML, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Systems Design, Webpage Design, Databases, Google Analytics, CAD (Computer Aided Design) and Photoshop a plus
- Set up and configure all aspects of complete systems with guidance from the Project Manager
- Test systems prior to delivery
- Troubleshoot and investigate technical issues
- Maintain a high level of up-to-date product knowledge
- Contribute towards productivity improvement
In this position you'll learn to:
- Identify cross functional project resources and manage their deliverables
- Develop and recommend functional solutions
- Test software applications
- Generate new ideas and novel ways to implement the ideas
- Juggle multiple projects and manage resources in a deadline-driven production environment
- Estimate completion times for project milestones and other assigned tasks
- Keep projects on schedule, ensuring milestones are met, and changes in schedule or project scope are documented, communicated to, and approved by the client, your team, and senior management
Please visit www.a2zinc.net for more information.
Do you think we would be a good fit for each other? Then we would like to hear from you! Apply today! Just e-mail your resume and a brief letter, telling us why you think this position is a perfect fit, to email@example.com.
View other career opportunities »