Account Manager (Chicago)
Click to Apply
Location: Chicago (candidate must live in Chicago area)
a2z, Inc. offers you the chance to work in a fun and flexible work environment. We are looking for a high-energy individual to join us in the role of Account Manager, working as an important part of our Sales team. This special individual will have the opportunity to help our clients improve their exposition sales and marketing processes by fitting them with the right technology solution for them. If you are a people person with a background in exposition sales, marketing or management…this job could be for you. Prior experience or knowledge of a2z is a plus, but not required.
General description of the position:
- Maintain accurate records of all email and phone communication for every client for future reference.
- Update client and potential client information in SalesForce and client database systems.
- Prepare sales report for weekly Sales Meeting.
Directly related to client/project
- Review CRM reports and establish realistic dates for renewal contracts and invoice submission
- Review client’s a2z-powered event sites to assess usage of a2z product prior to renewal contacts
- Follow up with clients during their show cycle to establish client relationship and assess possibility of upgrades
- Establish price estimates for renewals, upgrades and additions to contracts
- Submit and follow up on the status of contracts, renewals and invoices to clients
- Communicate with Project Managers regarding status of project and relationship with clients
- Participate in weekly Operations meeting to assess status of client’s products
- Participate in project kick-off calls with Project Managers and clients as needed
- Telecommuting is an option
- Some travel may be required (10 – 15%)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two or more years in the Event Industry with sales or account management skill set required (3-5 years preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of the event industry is required
- Experience using SalesForce is desirable
- Involvement in event industry organizations is a plus! (IAEE, PCMA, MPI, AMPS, etc.)
- Knowledge of a2z products or event floorplan software is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Personable, relationship builder who can be assertive and persistent without being pushy
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail necessary
- Ability to work remotely
a2z offers a proven track record of 20 years in business and an environment where your opinion counts. You will have daily opportunities to make contributions within a team environment. We offer flexibility – in schedules and dress code. We provide a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan options, company paid short and long-term disability, a 401k savings plan, tuition/educational reimbursement, and paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, and volunteer).
Company Information: a2z, Inc. provides event planners and organizers with powerful web-based solutions that help increase and accelerate booth sales. Our clients also realize improved productivity in back office processes; increased connectivity with their membership, seamless integration with their CRM and financial databases, an improved event web site for their attendees and exhibitors, and the latest use of mobile and social media tools to boost marketing efforts. Our offerings include online event floor plans, event websites, abstract/speaker management, networking and matchmaking tools, personal itinerary builders, and more.
Click to Apply
a2z, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer