Product Support Specialist (PSS) Intern (Paid)
Click to Apply
Location: Columbia, MD
Part-Time, Flexible Work Hours based on School Schedule – but must have availability on Tuesdays/Thursdays
This position involves hands-on execution and managing the technical aspects of our product deployments. This is definitely a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-work internship, so you won’t just be the office “go-fer”. Our past interns say, “you’ll have fun here,” and we think you’ll find the work at a2z to be both challenging and exciting. Best of all, a successful internship could possibly lead to a permanent position – many of our interns have chosen to join us full-time.
In this position you'll learn to:
- Identify cross functional project resources and manage their deliverables
- Develop and recommend functional solutions
- Test software applications
- Generate new ideas and novel ways to implement the ideas
- Juggle multiple projects and manage resources in a deadline-driven production environment
- Estimate completion times for project milestones and other assigned tasks
- Keep projects on schedule, ensuring milestones are met, and see that changes in schedule or project scope are documented as well as communicated to, and approved by the client and your team leader.
- Set up and configure all aspects of floorplan systems with guidance from the Project Support Specialist
- Test systems prior to delivery
- Troubleshoot and investigate technical issues
- Maintain a high level of up-to-date product knowledge
- Contribute towards productivity improvement
General Qualifications You Should Possess:
- Current student working towards a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related major
- Good writing skills - technical & business subjects
- Ability to multi-task successfully
- Excellent attention to detail; strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills
- Live within a comfortable commuting distance from our Columbia, Maryland office
- Ability to work ~15 hours/week
Technical Skills You'll Need:
- Familiarity with database applications, HTML, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Systems Design, Webpage Design, Databases, Google Analytics, CAD (Computer Aided Design) and Photoshop a plus
a2z, Inc. offers a proven track record of 20 years in business and an environment where your opinion counts. You will have daily opportunities to make contributions within a team environment. We offer flexibility – in schedules and dress code.
a2z, Inc. provides event planners and organizers with powerful web-based solutions that help increase and accelerate booth sales. Our clients also realize improved productivity in back office processes; increased connectivity with their membership, seamless integration with their CRM and financial databases, an improved event web site for their attendees and exhibitors, and the latest use of mobile and social media tools to boost marketing efforts. Our offerings include online event floor plans, event websites, abstract/speaker management, networking and matchmaking tools, personal itinerary builders, and more.
Do you think we would be a good fit for each other? Then we would like to hear from you!
Click to Apply
a2z, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer