Product Support Specialist - Full Time
a2z, Inc. offers you the chance to work in a fun and flexible work environment as part of a relatively small staff. We are looking for high-energy, tech savvy individuals to join us in the role of Product Support Specialist, working as an important part of our Professional Services Department. The position involves hands-on execution and managing the technical aspects of our product deployments and providing support to end users. Some travel can be anticipated, mainly domestic, approximately 10% of the time, assisting clients at major trade shows. This is definitely a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-work position. We think you'll find the work at a2z to be both challenging and exciting.
General Qualifications You Should Possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related major
- Good writing skills - technical & business subjects
- Ability to multi-task successfully
- Excellent attention to detail; strong organizational, analytical, and time-management skills
- Live within a comfortable commuting distance from our Columbia, Maryland office
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25 to 50% of your time
- Be reliable, punctual and provide exceptional customer service
- Assist customers pre-during and post show with their use of the a2z product suite
- Manage the a2z helpdesk using Zendesk software
- Serve as end user support for the users of a2z products
- Assist Project Teams with project deployments and maintenance of web-based and mobile products
- Set up and configure all aspects of complete systems with guidance from the Project Manager and Senior Product Support Specialist
- Test systems prior to delivery
- Troubleshoot and investigate technical issues
- Maintain a high level of up-to-date product knowledge
In this position you'll learn to:
- Identify cross functional project resources and manage their deliverables
- Test web-based and mobile software applications
- Generate new ideas and novel ways to implement the ideas
- Juggle multiple projects and manage resources in a deadline-driven production environment
- Estimate completion times for project milestones and other assigned tasks
- Keep projects on schedule, ensuring milestones are met, and changes in schedule or project scope are documented, communicated to, and approved by the client, your team, and senior management
a2z, Inc. has revolutionized the business of trade show promotion and event management. Our company was launched in 1998 and is now a recognized leader in the development of event management software used by over 500 show organizers worldwide to manage and market their trade shows and expos – including dozens of the Top-200 shows in the U.S.
a2z provides event planners and organizers with a powerful suite of web-based software applications that help increase and accelerate exhibit booth sales. Our clients also realize improved productivity in back office processes; increased connectivity with their membership, CRM, and financial databases; and an improved web presence for their attendees and exhibitors. Our products feature online tradeshow floor plans, event websites, abstract/speaker management, matchmaking tools, personal itinerary builders, and much, much more.
Even though a2z enjoys a leadership position in an exciting industry, we have a relatively small staff operating in a fun and flexible work environment. Please visit www.a2zinc.net for more information.
Please e-mail your resume and a brief letter, telling us what you use your smart phone and/or tablet for, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your salary expectations.
View other career opportunities »